A four-week course aimed at improving the participants’ knowledge in the following fields: initial evaluation of the obese patient, assessment of complications and comorbidities, selection of the appropriate rehabilitation programme, knowledge of research tools in the field of obesity.
The programme will be structured in a four-week attendance at wards, facilities and laboratories of the San Giuseppe Hospital of Piancavallo, Verbania: thus, the participant will have the opportunity to know the different steps of the diagnostic-therapeutic-rehabilitative evaluation carried out in the obese patient in our Institute.
Different areas of study will be considered, such as:
- anthropometric measurements, determination of body composition and resting energy expenditure;
- endocrine-metabolic laboratory evaluation;
- clinical and instrumental aspects of cardiovascular, respiratory, osteoarticular and psychiatric complications;
- rehabilitation techniques in cardiovascular, respiratory, metabolic, nutritional, motor, physiokinesitherapeutic areas;
- psychological-motivational support to the rehabilitation programme;
- study of the key technologies (HPLC, proteomics, cell cultures, molecular biology, genetics) used in obesity research in the Hospital research laboratories.
The participant will be assisted in every single step of the training by qualified experts in the different activities carried out though the master period.
The participant will have the daily routine mostly organized as follow:
- Mornings: attendance at the different wards, services or laboratories according to the programme
- Afternoons: assessment of clinical cases and techniques of diagnosis, rehabilitation and research
The programme here below will show all the subjects that will be scrutinized during the period.
The Master will be scheduled across the four weeks, from Monday to Friday, the week end is free of duty.
During this master of 4 weeks, the participant will be involved in the preparation of a paper to be published in a scientific journal.
DATE OF THE MASTER
To be planned in the period from April to September
Istituto Auxologico Italiano - IRCCS
Unit of Metabolic Rehabilitation
San Giuseppe Hospital – Strada Cadorna 90 – Piancavallo, Verbania
Medical Doctors: Endocrinologists.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
Minimum 2 - maximum 3 Doctors for each master edition
Istituto Auxologico Italiano
Continuing Medical Education Office
Ph +39 02 619112458 - +39 0323 514272
Fax +39 02 700509124